Digital marketing is vital for any size organization from startups wishing to establish their brand and grow sales to large companies that want to broaden their reach, keep current customers and gain new ones in what may be an overcrowded market.
Digital marketing encompasses many online methods of marketing and growing your business. Some of these initiatives include blogging, email, marketing automation, PPC, re-targeting, SEO and social media … but where do you get started?
Few organizations have the resources, time and expertise for such an undertaking and need to work with an experienced digital marketing agency.
The internet has increasingly taken control of everyone’s sales. That’s why digital marketing is so important for the growth of a company and it is imperative to choose the best digital marketing agency to help you achieve that growth.
What is a digital agency?
Your website is like your lobby. It’s the first impression people have of your organization. And a digital agency is a company that provides strategic direction, creative communications, design and technical development for your products and services.
Digital agencies deliver a wide range of services including:
Responsive design and mobile optimization
Brand strategy and design
Social media strategy and marketing
Online advertising, including paid search and banner ads
Graphic design for digital calls to actions and communications
Photography and video production
User experience research, strategy and implementation
There is no question any company must establish and promote their products and services online and hiring an experienced digital marketing agency is the best course of action.
Why hire a digital marketing agency?
You must be the thought leader in your market, that’s why there are many reasons for hiring a digital marketing agency, including:
- Rely on the experts who know the latest trends, newest marketing tactics and the best ways to use different platforms.
A digital marketing agency utilizes multiple areas of expertise to ensure that your organization is promoted in the right places, to the right people and in the right ways. In addition to coming up with great ideas, agencies have the technical expertise and the resources to execute the strategies and initiatives that lead to achieving the desired results.
- Save yourself time so you can focus on other areas of your business
In-house managed internet marketing campaigns often require the hiring of new talent, resources and time to set up the team and campaigns. Plus there needs to be in-house oversight and management.
Hiring an outside team of experts to manage the more technical aspects of your online marketing strategy allows you to focus on what you do best, running your business.
- Improve your online marketing results, such as leads and sales
An agency helps your online marketing results by determining the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). These indicators help to figure out how your digital marketing campaigns are performing in relation to your objectives and the effectiveness of each campaign across different channels.
- Move your business ahead of competitors
Digital agencies identify and research your target audience to learn and understand their behavior, preferences and interests. They also learn about your competitors and the latest marketing practices in your segment before launching any campaign to ensure quantifiable results that exceed those of the competition.
- Reduce your overall digital marketing costs
The cost of an in-house marketing team can be substantial. Agencies work as independent contractors, so the need for payroll taxes and the recurring costs of full-time employees such as benefits, health care costs and salaries are eliminated.
Digital marketers also have specialized tools that come at a significant cost and are needed to run successful campaigns.
- Help your company use new and advanced strategies
Digital marketing agencies keep up with the latest marketing trends and can provide you with:
- Ideas on which marketing initiatives are working best
- New and ever evolving perspectives on the digital market
- Analyses of target audiences and behaviors
Five Tips for hiring the right digital agency to handle your Internet marketing.
- Do Your Homework: Research digital marketing agencies that are familiar with your business model and industry. Check references and talk to people who have worked with them.
- Inquire about Transparency: You need to make sure the agency you are thinking about hiring works in a transparent manner. An open, transparent relationship will achieve the best results and will involve a lot of collaboration, cooperation and being on the same page.
- Ask to See Recent Examples of the Agency’s Work: Before you hire an agency, make sure you see samples of their online marketing work. Ideally, the agency should be able to share examples of its marketing successes as they relate to similar businesses or your industry.
- Plan for the Long Term: Digital marketing is not just about throwing money at it and watching the results roll in. This will be a strategic partnership that will build your business toward a better future with increased revenue and ROI, and one that should be viewed as a long-term relationship.
- Ask about Communication and Style: Ask an agency’s representatives how they communicate with their clients. This will help ensure that an agency’s communication style is similar to your own. Choosing an agency that suits your style builds a lasting relationship and the enjoyment of working together for a long time.
If your organization requires the services of a quality digital marketing agency, consider Market One. Making our clients their industry’s thought leader is our business.
To learn about our digital marketing services or to schedule a consultation, contact Market One today.